Sunday, January 10, 2010

I, Robot (2004)

Reviewed 01.10.2005

Whether it's aliens or robots, Will Smith can save the world all the while cracking jokes. I, Robot could be I, Amcreepedout for those of you having read Issac Asimov's book. Other than that, this movie is based VERY loosely on his work. Without giving away, what is sometimes an obvious plot...
  • Sonny, the main robot, creeps me out and yet, I find myself rooting for him (not for long).
  • Detective Spooner, we discover things are not what they seem.
  • Susan Calvin needs a life.
  • V.I.K.I is whack.
The film is choppy at best, but not bad for 115 minutes. (Remember, Will Smith movie?!) Before you think I didn't like it, I did. In a 'Will Smith can't play a role without randomly smarta$$ing his way through' kind way. That's what I liked. The rather aimless character development and plot was fine by me. My only disappointment, Smith didn't kick enough robot alloy, including Sonny's.

No comments: